WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Friday, October 14, 2016

POEM: My Old World Dies & The New World Is Born



My Old World Dies & The New World Is Born
By: Eric Gajewski
From the work, "Fortress of the Soul"
Here is my latest poem from the work "Fortress of the Soul".  At the end is some of my other poems.  I hope you enjoy and share them...

Play the video and listen as you read the poem.... 


Farewell, my former love
Who wast never truly even a friend
By envy you came, cold as ice, you took my warmth
The unwise came to sit around thee
Thy mountains ye boasted of,
Your false riches of nothingness fooled nearly everyone
Thy shadows vainly searched but could never form
Your eyes which speak to only lies, now close
As an eagle on watch flies ahead, to forewarn
It is Ye, who wouldst tempt the hearts of men
Heaven’s enemy,
Sent in attempt to sow the seeds of your own mourn
And even you didst know
With the grief you brought down to here below
That our time would end as you sadly sang
“I now must go”…”I now must go”
Thou art a prickly bush in my garden
Which prevents so many Roses from ever growing
Who never arose for your blade cuts deep like the Thorn
As the sparrows of my past gathered
You ate of my own harvest
A crow which grinned in hell’s scorn
My song ye never heard
To the devil’s delight, for loud is the lion’s roar
My way unto thee was foolishness, it wast altogether foreign
As an anchor ye weighed me down
And for so long, while all alone, I nearly drowned
Hope, no more, to be found, with heavy feet
I Drudged along in your noonday heat, my heart wast torn
You spun around, seeking everyone’s attention
As you take the oxygen of every potential eagle
Your suffocating ground you say is safe
But ye only seek to keep an eagle from being airborne
Brave, you say?
And if were not for Love’s Highest Seat
You would attempt to stay and make my heart forever your home
Yea, Beloved cometh quickly!!
Save me, for the day is late, the night which cometh is already worn
O’ your game is to keep me in your clutches
With eyes uponst thee only
But now I see your jewels falsely adorn
As I contemplate then to ask
Am I wholly free from thy grasp?
As the darkness now makes camp around me
I see the other souls blindly walking
Within, grasping, the gravity of their sin
Now crying out for the Light of the morn’
Farewell, my former lover!
For now by Love’s intent, we must part forever
As My Old World dies
And My Beloved’s New World Is Now Born


Wisdom 2:24
But by the envy of the devil, death came into the world

James 4:4
Adulterers, know you not that the friendship of this world is the enemy of God?



A NEW CREATION IN CHRIST
A reading from the sermons of St. Augustine [354-430]
 

I address myself to you, newly-baptized infants, little ones in Christ, new offspring of the Church, grace of the Father, fruitfulness of the Mother’s womb, holy children, new swarm, flower of our honour, and fruit of our labour, my joy and my crown, all of you who stand upright before the Lord.
I address to you the words of the Apostle: ‘Put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires’, so that you may put on the life which you have put on by this sacrament. ‘For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.’
Such is the efficacy of this sacrament. It is the sacrament of the new life which begins at the present time by the forgiveness of all past sins, but will only be completed in the resurrection of the dead. We have been buried with Christ by baptism into death, so that as Christ has arisen from the dead, we too may walk in newness of life.
Now you walk by faith, as long as you journey in this mortal body far from the Lord. But Jesus Christ towards whom you are moving is a sure way. He is this in His humanity which He took on for us. He has in reserve an abundance of sweetness for those who fear Him, which He will manifest and perfect in those who hope in Him, when we shall receive in reality what we have now received in hope.
Today is the octave of your birth; today is perfected in you the seal of faith which was given among our fathers of old on the eighth day after physical birth through physical circumcision. So too the Lord Himself by rising cut away mortality from the flesh and raised up, not a different body, but one that would die no more. This He did on the Lord’s day, the third day after His passion, the eighth day after the Sabbath, which is also the first.
So you have not yet received in fact the glory of the resurrection but you have the sure hope of receiving it since you have the sacrament of that reality and the pledge of the Spirit. ‘If you have risen with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.’
Short Prayer: Heavenly Father, I have been buried with Christ by baptism into death, so that as Christ has arisen from the dead, I too may walk in newness of life. I believe, that when Christ who is my life appears, I then will also appear with Him in glory. Thank You, Father, for the grace of the Sacrament of Baptism. Amen.

Some of my other poems:
tradcatknight.blogspot.com/2016/09/poem-when-all-hope-is-gone.html#more