WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Poem: “Truth Crucified”



Poem: “Truth Crucified”
By: Eric Gajewski
From the work, "Fortress of the Soul"
For I, through the law, am dead to the law, that I may live to God: with Christ I am nailed to the cross.  And I live, now not I; but Christ liveth in me. And that I live now in the flesh: I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered himself for me.  Galatians 2:19-20

Please enjoy and share my latest poem from the work Fortress of the Soul, Ave Maria! 

 Play the video below and listen as you read the poem... 
 

“Truth Crucified”

Come With Your Words, O’ Wisdom
Whether by day’s Cloud or Your Fire of the Night
Beneath these skies amidst the trees is your gentle Breeze
Within thy Walls I am secured from any fright
For upon thy Mountain burning is my heart’s only true Light
And In self’s blindness I once only saw “the now”…sadly
Whence Your Eyes saw the bigger picture
Where my lips of doubt once could only say “I think so”
Your Heart decreed that I believe wholly
Yea, at first, O’ Truth, it wast not You I sought
But Ye who pursued and found me
And It is now by Your pierced Feet, I walk
It is now by Your own lips that my heart speaks
O’ how many times did the self within arise in sins uproar
To further ask unknowingly…
Wherest is thy Wisdom  O’ Lord for this lonely morn’
Thus the days would move slowly, a world hung in suspense
Because my house was built before all
With no front entrance due to selfs fence
O’ Wisdom, Your Ways are not mine
As I sat in self’s court being ruled by her law
Deep within, this hurt, that heaven simply would not ignore
For often people tell you publicly who they say they are
But privately confess a heart hard
Which from Thy Fortress is off very far
But an inward Mist came, thy Morning’s light Rain
To remove the night’s fog that caused the self, pain
And as the weeks would go on, I grew weak
In this inward work of the soul You called “Purity”
But behold a Miracle!
You turned the tears of my “whines” into new wine
And took the old skins of my fears
To change them into Charity of every kind
Nay, but Self would still scream …“a life full of shattered dreams”
And Truth’s humility would kindly respond
“Only so that you would once again reenter reality”
For wherest we think there is an end
I have only found that by His holy Cross
My self must be crushed and left for dead
In so that a soul might be fed
Through thy door, this eye of the heart now open
A Needle which receives Heavens daily Bread,
For yea I am poor,,,,
O’ Lord, ye know I have wept
Lord, ye know for Thee I suffer
Lord, ye know all for thy glory I grow tired
For in the midst of this liberal worlds raised fist
In the face of my enemies whom Truth does not trust
I am found hanging too as You
Held only by Your arms raised up
For in the end it is not what “we take” that makes us
But rather that our hearts be wholly resigned
Because in this godless modern world
We shalst find over and over again
That thy Truth daily is Crucified


Truth Quotes from the Catholic Saints

Truth suffers, but never dies. - St. Teresa of Avila

Proclaim the truth and do not be silent through fear. - St. Catherine of Siena

Unwittingly you have pursued falsehood thinking it to be the truth. If you had been taught the truth first you would have been found effortlessly tending toward salvation, just as you now effortlessly lean toward perdition.' -- St. Norbert, to the people of Antwerp

Humility is nothing but truth, and pride is nothing but lying. - St. Vincent de Paul

He who speaks rightly should recognize that he receives the words from God. For the truth belongs not to him who speaks, but to God who is energizing him. - St. Mark the Ascetic

Truth always ends by victory; it is not unassailable, but invincible.- St. Ignatius of Loyola

There is nothing better to display the truth in an excellent light, than a clear and simple statement of facts. - St. Benedict

Blessed the one who loves truth continually and has not lent his mouth as an instrument of impiety by lying, for he fears the commandment about idle speech. - St. Ephrem of Syria
To the extent that you pray with all your soul for the person who slanders you, God will make the truth known to those who have been scandalized by the slander.' -St. Maximos the Confessor

Blessed the one who loves truth continually and has not lent his mouth as an instrument of impiety by lying, for he fears the commandment about idle speech. - St. Ephrem of Syria

 

O unfathomable depth! O Deity eternal! O deep ocean! What more could You give me than to give me Yourself? You are an ever-burning Fire; You consume and are not consumed. By Your fire, You consume every trace of self-love in the soul. You are a Fire which drives away all coldness and illumines minds with its light, and with this light You have made known Your truth. Truly this light is a sea which feeds the soul until it is all immersed in You, O peaceful Sea, eternal Trinity! The water of this sea is never turbid; it never causes fear, but gives knowledge of the truth. This water is transparent and discloses hidden things; and a living faith gives such abundance of light that the soul almost attains to certitude in what it believes. - St. Catherine of Siena


Some Of My Other Poems:
http://tradcatknight.blogspot.com/2016/03/poem-exile.html