Just In Case: Preparing for the Evening and Day After Election 2016
Latest news on gun control...
There is a substantial risk that Hillary “Hitlery” Clinton will become our next President. She is notoriously anti-gun, and has made many promises to her gun-grabbing campaign donors to give “gun control” (read: civilian disarmament) her top priority.
Consider the guidance in this article just a contingency. You can simply ignore it, if Donald Trump is elected. (Since he is outspokenly pro-gun.) But if Clinton is indeed elected, then gun, ammunition, and magazine prices will surely start to rise immediately. And by the time she actually takes office, prices might well have already doubled or tripled, and shortages of some item–particularly standard military caliber ammunition and many 11+ round magazines–will be widespread.
To be ready for the possible Hill-ection, I recommend that you take the following steps:
- Withdraw some substantial cash (but not more that $9,700), and keep it well-hidden, at home.
- Pay off your credit card balances, so that you will have your full purchase credit limit available.
- Consult gun show calendars, and make plans to attend local shows. Note that many gun shows are now run as three-day shows, open Friday through Sunday. Check the advertised hours closely, and call to confirm days and show hours with the gun show management, before traveling. You will want to be there on Friday, to avoid the Saturday mob scene. Expend a vacation day from your work, if need be.
- Make prioritized shopping lists
- Set bookmarks in your browser for ordering the particular items that you have in mind to purchase.
- Make detailed comparison price lists (or an electronic spreadsheet, if you are so inclined),in descending order of prices so you that won’t pay too much for what you buy. This research takes time, but that translates into saving money, so it is time well spent.
- On Election Night immediately after announcement that Hitlery is the projected winner in the Electoral College, go online and place orders with Internet sellers that take orders 24 hours per day, such as: CDNN Sports, GunMagWarehouse, Brownells, KeepShooting.com, CheaperThanDirt, Midway, Cabela’s (now part of Bass Pro Shops), J&G Sales, Bud’s Gun Shop, Dan’s Ammo, Lucky Gunner, Able Ammo, Ammunition Store, Ammunition Depot, Cope’s Distributing, Centerfire Systems, and GlockPro. href=”http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/index.php”>Mike Williamson recently mentioned that SlickGuns.com is now selling Federal .22 Long Rifle ammo for as little as 6 cents per round. (I suspect that .22LR will again become scarce and jump back up over 15 cents per round, if Hitler In Heels is elected.)
- Keep in mind that many manufacturers such as SIGArms, Beretta USA, and The Beta Company also take direct Internet orders.
- Stay up and complete as many of your planned orders as you can afford, late into the night. It you tarry and say: “I’ll do it tomorrow”, then you will probably be disappointed to to see “Out Of Stock” showing at many vendor web sites.
- Set your alarm clock, and start making calls to the mailorder vendors that don’t take Internet orders, starting right at 8 AM, Eastern Time.
- Be outside the door of your local gun shop before it opens. Bring lots of cash.
- Attend guns shows in your state. If it is possible under your state and local laws, buy used private party guns, with no paper trail. If that is not an option in your state, then buy a pre-1899 antique cartridge rifle, such as a 7mm Model 1895 Chilean Mauser. These are exempt from paperwork, in most states.)
- Watch auction sites such as GunBroker.com and GunAuction.com closely, for guns that are on your purchase list. Concentrate on “Buy It Now” items, since the multi-day auctions will probably be bid up to stratospheric heights, in the panic period following election day.
Start with your own needs, then with your children’s needs, and then with barter in mind, as follows:
- First Priority: Magazines and ammunition for your primary battle rifles
- Second Priority: Magazines and ammunition for your primary carry pistols
- Third Priority: Stripped AR-15 and AR-10 receivers (for later assembly) saig
- Fourth Priority: Secondary firearms, plus magazines and ammunition, to match
- Fifth Priority: Magazines and ammunition for planned acquisitions that will expand your battery of guns–including guns for children and grandchildren
- Sixth Priority: Magazines and ammunition for barter or re-sale.
Any extra magazines that are intended for barter should be of the types that will be in the highest demand. Examples include: AR-15/M16, M14, Mini-14, AR-10, FAL, Glock, S&W M&P, Beretta, and SIG. In particular, I predict that 33-round Glock magazines, 30-round Beretta Model 92 magazines, 100-round Beta C-MAGs, and 40-round Mag-Pul AR-15 PMAGs will all be in particularly high demand.)
In some families, a spouse might object to you making such purchases. Sit down and dispassionately show them the history of other “scare” and “ban”periods, and point out how much prices rose. (For example: stripped AR-15 lower receivers jumped from $60 each to $300 each, during the last big scare.) Tell them: “This is the equivalent of having the foreknowledge of what Dow Jones stocks will double or triple in price. It is wise to buy low and sell high.” If need be, promise your spouse that you will sell off half of what you plan to buy, after prices have doubled. That will leave the purchase cost of what you then retain, effectively at zero.
Don’t panic, but recognize that Hitlery Clinton will probably act swiftly to restrict privately-owned firearms and accessories, using Executive Orders. Her transition team might even prepare them before she takes office. Most likely would be an import ban on magazines that can hold more than 10 cartridges, for civilians. Another likelihood is an import ban on military style firearms and/or parts sets. Another possibility is reclassifying 80% complete receivers. She might also direct the BATFE to expand the definition of “Destructive Devices” to include semi-automatic shotguns with detachable magazines. (Such as the Saiga-12, which is already import banned.) Plan accordingly.
And regardless of the outcome of the upcoming election, you should have already spread out your guns, ammo, optics, and field gear between hidden places in several houses owned by members of your family, and in underground caches. DO NOT keep all your eggs in one basket! – JWR
If passed, House Bill 5996, or the “Assault Weapon Regulation Act,” would turn the manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, selling and transferring of “assault weapons” into a four-year felony. It’s one of nine bills introduced Wednesday aimed at reducing gun violence. But gun advocates tell FOX 17 they believe it’s a political stunt. FULL REPORT
Washington proposes gun confiscation for crimes that haven’t happened – but ‘could happen?’For years now, those on the left have acted like conservatives and libertarians were completely off the mark when we claimed to have seen evidence of them trying to ban and confiscate firearms. By painting many of us as delusional conspiracy theorists, they attempted to discredit anyone who saw through their weak attempts at appearing genuine. In the time that has followed, there has been so much evidence to the contrary that it’s shocking that the Regressive Left has continued to pretend that they’re not trying to ban firearms outright.
However, their latest attempt at getting guns out of the hands of law-abiding Americans is perhaps their most ridiculous to date, which is saying something considering just how insane they’ve been behaving for years now.
Initiative Measure 1491 states that “This act is designed to temporarily prevent individuals who are at high risk of harming themselves or others from accessing firearms by allowing family, household members, and police to obtain a court order when there is demonstrated evidence that the person poses a significant danger, including danger as a result of a dangerous mental health crisis or violent behavior.”
While that statement may make sense at face value, when you really consider the possibilities, it becomes ridiculous to the point of no return. For starters, this implies that law enforcement officials believe that they can predict crimes before they happen, which is equally humorous and infuriating. But more importantly, this could make things incredibly dangerous for people who protect themselves and their property with firearms.
If someone wanted to break into your home, but knew that it was protected by a gun, all they would have to do was convince the police to confiscate your weapon and then break in after the fact. That allows for all sorts of criminal activity to arise. This is an incredibly dangerous decision that the people of Washington should reject completely.
Initiative Measure 1491 cannot pass if America is going to continue being considered the Land of the Free.