WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Poem: "Exile"



Poem: “Exile”
By: Eric Gajewski
From the Work, “Fortress of the Soul”
Apocalypse (Revelation) 1:9
I John, your brother and your partner in tribulation, and in the kingdom, and patience in Christ Jesus, was in the island, which is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus.


Please enjoy and share my latest poem from the work, "Fortress of the Soul" 

 Please play the video below and listen to the song as you read the poem, Ave Maria!


Poem: “Exile”

On this here Isle
I, Eric John, behold with mind’s eye
Where the Wind speaks gently
Where the dead bury themselves
Where open caskets talk of the new man to arise
Where pausing to see the other true eagles fly
Is a blue sky painted above
With Thy Word written, “My Will Signifies”
I, too, counted seven churches
I, too, like John am ordered to write
Blessed is he who readeth
Blessed is he who heareth
The tongues of Truth’s Fire
From times past which prophecied…
I, too, wrote unto modern day Ephesus
And found their “new apostles” were of the Liar
Here, inward, but not alone, wherest no more wast time
I, too, saw men from every nation and tribe
Nigh, all united as One
I, too, was in spirit
As the Wind came in my weakest moment
To lift me unexpectedly from behind
I, too, sat amongst the seven candlesticks
To contemplate Thee with hair pure white
I, too, sat amongst the worlds waters
To see thy reflection from the Son above that shine
I, too, wrote to the Remnant of Smyrna
Who are persecuted by the Synagogue’s delight
I, too, write to the Church of Pergamus
Who have left the Faith wherest His doctrine is denied
I, too, admonished the Church of Thyatira
Who took in Jezebel and thought their feet walked the straight line
I, too, saw Sardis with the seven spirits of God and spoke
By ye watchful and strengthen have this always in mind
I, too, came to Philadelphia with the Key of David
To announce the victr’y over the Synagogue and later watched its demise...
I, too, came to Laodicea with Truth as faithful witness
Only to see thy laxity which angered His Eyes to chastise
Whence in thy sight Love too convicted me
For my right hand could seemingly do no right
And so O’ Lord I fell upon Thy Sword
Which split my surface and sparked in my heart new Life
An eagle found now in this Great Tree
Hidden in inward Paradise
O’ Light! Send forth thy seven stars
To watch over me in this lonely night
For Thy Love is forthright and all the while still mystery
Thence, who wouldst dare to approachest Thee?
But lest I faint, I walk as nothing in this soul’s fight
And climbed upon these cliffs to this Mountain of unbeknownst height
Wherest He would rapture me up into flight
Wherest He would command me yet again to write
“Am I not greater than your fears?
Is thy heart now not made whole
by the shedding of My tears?
And I lowly sinner with head down wouldst return to plight
O’ Beloved of souls, every once in awhile
The jagged rocks wouldst echo my interior cries
To only know if my work hadst been pleasing
Or was I simply wasting my own time
For howst cruel is this life’s “why’s”
How attractive is the lands far off
Yet only draws us in with lies
How endless is Thy Sacred Heart
Which every heart must pass through
On Your seas wherest drowning is not possible
For in Thy Love no man dies…
Thus, through thy Straight
My ship came upon Your Way Narrow
To this here Isle…
Wherest Love is sought through inward violence
Wherest the self altogether must die
And be buried deep beneath the surface in solitude and silence
For I have seen many come and go
No longer wanting to call this life home
But I see the many who do not stay
For today you say all remains the same
As the new tomorrow of “you” slips on by
Yea, sometimes all you get in this life is just one try
Nay, behold He cometh with the clouds
It is true we never know how our own stories will unwind
Thus, do not in this world confide
Remain in charity with open eyes
For whilst the deaf, dumb and blind
Are quick to stagger on the surface along as prisoners “freely”  
I, remain, as His captive, alive,
Hidden away on this Eagle’s Island called “Exile”.



Thy Love, which hast written my heart’s story from start to finish
Thy Love, more beautiful than this earth’s last sunset
Wherest on the other side of this “veiled” life and my final breath
Awaits the eyes of a bride “locked” in charity
Paralyzed, in forever gaze, which close no more unto death!


Related: