WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Monday, January 18, 2016

Poem: He That Trusteth In Riches Shalst Fall

Poem: He That Trusteth In Riches Shalst Fall
By: Eric Gajewski
Poem and reflections....
From the work, "Fortress of the Soul"
Psalm 91:13 The just shall flourish like the palm tree

Please enjoy my latest poem from the work "Fortress of the Soul"

 Please play the video below and listen to the song as you read the poem
 

“He That Trusteth In His Riches Shalst Fall”

Man in this "winter of hearts" is found asleep

Dreaming along in tune with the song called the devil’s deceit

Whose own houses art unknowingly shakened

Troubled souls, having been "blown over" by this age’s ill winds

But as for me and my house

That is, my own very heart itself, I chooseth the Cross

For those things which were once “counted as gain”

Now only appear written uponst my face as loss

Yea, I too, once ate the devils dung as a rabbit below in the fields of men

Wherest from all over the blind wouldst come

Until I stumbled upon Wisdom’s Rock

And exchanged “all things” for heaven’s wings

Wherest Faith conquered all fears and Hope’s Mother was found called Love

Wherest I now heard from far above the laughs of the enemy

Who thinkest they have destroyed all good things and won

But as deaf as they are to God... they do not hear in the distance

The coming of the eagles and Love’s wardrums

Yea, it is only when the heart of a man dies unto all things

That he can be ready to be called free

With his eyes purged of the lies so that now in Charity they mayst be open wide

Exclaiming to these blue skies and all therein

That now my heart is found safe; now my soul is truly ALIVE

For our sight is in Christ alone

Whose Light Itself is Life

For what man wilst not at heart be willing to leave behind

His mind assuredly is not ready to grasp or obtain

And because of this I count ALL THINGS as but loss

And only Christ Our King as gain

Blind, my eyes, were too

By the dense droppings of the birds

Which kept my focus solely on the world

Having now turned inward in suffering man must

Be ready to do battle with his "self"

And loosen his heart from all disorderly lusts

For the evil who wouldst think to have the Church “in their clutches”

Are these same blind fools who thinkest they “have it all”

But Lo’ and behold amidst this modern world’s cold

Art The just who trust in the Lord!

Who arise and flourish like the Palm Tree in winter

Wilst He Who Trusteth in His Riches Shalst Fall…

For Reflection:

Money the "root" of all evil that no tree can live from...

Proverbs 11: 28 He that trusteth in his riches shall fall


 

 But the things that were gain to me, the same I have counted loss for Christ. [8] Furthermore I count all things to be but loss for the excellent knowledge of Jesus Christ my Lord; for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but as dung, that I may gain Christ: [9] And may be found in him, not having my justice, which is of the law, but that which is of the faith of Christ Jesus, which is of God, justice in faith: [10] That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable to his death,
[11] If by any means I may attain to the resurrection which is from the dead. [12] Not as though I has already attained, or were already perfect; but I follow after, if I may by any means apprehend, wherein I am also apprehended by Christ Jesus. [13] Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended. But one thing I do: forgetting the things that are behind, and stretching forth myself to those that are before, [14] I press towards the mark, to the prize of the supernal vocation of God in Christ Jesus. [15] Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, be thus minded; and if in any thing you be otherwise minded, this also God will reveal to you.
Philippians 3: 7-15



No man can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one, and love the other: or he will sustain the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Matthew 6:24



Damned money! Alas! How many religious did it blind! How many cloistered religious did it deceive! Money is the 'droppings of birds' that blinded the eyes of Tobit.
St. Anthony of Padua