WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Poem: “Reign Over Me”

Poem: “Reign Over Me”
By: Eric Gajewski
From the work, "Fortress of the Soul"
Psalms 79:4 Convert us, O God: and shew us thy face, and we shall be saved.

Please enjoy my latest poem from the work Fortress of the Soul. At the end of the blog is a listing to all my latest poems. Please enjoy and share them, Ave Maria! 

Please play the video below and listen to the song as you are reading the Poem. Take time afterwards to reflect.


“Reign Over Me”
Beneath the darkened skies, I pray
I closed my eyes only to reveal within this world of lies
No dream, indeed, for it is just You and I
Whilst my whole world didst collapse by thy holy design
So that now I could only see Thee
Some would say I was an evil beast
Still others too busy to care being enrapt in their own greed
But my heart wandered thru every country
Painfully longing…
Searching deep….
A journey which loosened me from this false city of “security”
Tripping often, my heart was cut
But due to pride wouldst never bleed
Yea, it was He who eventually came
And like the rain falling gently
Made, with His tears, my new way
For what I wanted
He knew I never didst truly need
And with each Word You spoke
An eagle grew stronger in wings of Faith and Hope
And with Your Heart’s Light Yoke
Playing softly uponst my heart’s keys
All heaven’s choir broke out in melody...
For as Thy Eyes would open
My whole soul too would set in flames of Charity
O’ Thy Sacred Heart so rich in Poverty
So humble and meek…
You wouldst dare to draw close to this sinner
And by the noonday Wind Ye would often intimately speak
Yea, I confess, I found Thee on Love’s Mountain
Calling me onward to Her highest peek
It is here I cast down my trodden heart
Take me not from thy sight, O’ Blessed Prince!
As I would fall at thy Feet of Mercy
Walking on these streets, no more to conspire
It is where I let this old man die, a heart now enraged by Thy Fire
And with each few steps I found new breath
Once blinded by the white of this world’s false light
I, too, like Saul, was struck
Off of my high horse and fell to my knees...
I, too, wandered “in circles” with the Sadducees and Pharisees
I, too, came to this Road onto Damascus
Wherein, I, too, had my inner eyes closed unto Thee
Broken, bruised, battered and torn
Do you all still not see?
That mystically upon the Cross
You were still as an Infant in thy Mothers Arms
You were our Great Eagle with Arms wide open
Fastened as One upon Her, thee Great Tree
O’ how blind!
Harken to heareth the eagle speak
How can we dare say
We can make it thru each day without Mary?
How do we still choose the self over Christ continually?
Whence all that we need to be happy
Is right in front of us…
Thus, we must all go within to examine
And ask in all of our actions
To Whom, do we alone, seek to please?
Yea, in any season of the soul, it is still He who leads
For I have tripped in the fall
I have failed Him miserably
I have landed in my own tears which I’ve wept
I have back-stabbed Him egregiously
But now, I have turned over in spring,
Away from this self as a new leaf
I have even seen the rain fall in winter
And thus I now decree before all
That in this summer of my soul I arise daily to meet
That You would watch over my heart
For I have nothing no longer left to lose
And with thy Rays, O’ Son
Strike me down forevermore and let me be as One!
Come down without a sound and please Reign over me…..
 




Please take time out to enjoy some of my other poems.
 I hope you like them.

http://tradcatknight.blogspot.com/2016/02/poem-loves-letter.html 

http://tradcatknight.blogspot.com/2016/02/poem-until-thy-heart-reigns.html