FEAR or FAITH? FRIGHT or FLIGHT? Welcome Eagles to the New Crusade! Will thou help defend the Fortress of Faith? TradCatKnight- MOST VIEWED & FOLLOWEDTraditional Catholic APOSTOLATE Worldwide! As Seen on:Gloria.tv, SpiritDaily, Shoebat, Canon212, VeteransToday, Beforeitsnews& many other notable websites BOOKMARK us & check in DAILY for the latest Endtimes News! Welcome to my Nest.#EagleoftheFortress WEBSITE OWNERS: Don't Forget To Add Us On Your Page! ALEXA- TOP 30K WEBSITE WORLDWIDE
Saturday, April 9, 2016
62 Reasons to Reject the new mass
62 Reasons to Reject the new mass (“Novus Ordo Missae”)
( From the pamphlet: “62 Reasons Why We Cannot Attend the New Mass”, compiled by the priests of the Diocese of Campos, Brazil, before they sadly compromised by following their leader, Bishop Rifan, to Conciliar Rome in 2002. )
The New World Order's "Mass"
The novus ordo rite is inherently evil, and cannot bear in itself any good fruit.
Note: all quotes followed by an asterisk * are from the Letter of
Cardinals A. Ottaviani and A. Bacci to Pope Paul VI, dated September
25, 1969 enclosing “A Critical Study of the Novus Ordo Missae.”
1. Because the New Mass is not an unequivocal Profession of
the Catholic Faith (which the traditional Mass is), it is ambiguous and
with a Protestant flavor. Therefore since we pray as we believe, it
follows that we cannot pray with the New Mass in Protestant fashion and
still believe as Catholics!
2. Because the changes were not just slight ones but actually
“deal with a fundamental renovation … a total change … a new creation.”
(Msgr. A. Bugnini, co-author of the New Mass)
3. Because the New Mass leads us to think “that truths … can
be changed or ignored without infidelity to that sacred deposit of
doctrine to which the Catholic Faith is bound forever.” *
4. Because the New Mass represents “a striking departure from
the Catholic theology of the Mass as formulated in Session XXII of the
Council of Trent” which, in fixing the “canons,” provided an
“insurmountable barrier to any heresy against the integrity of the
5. Because the difference between the two is not simply one
of mere detail or just modification of ceremony, but “all that is of
perennial value finds only a minor place (in the New Mass), if it
subsists at all.” *
6. Because “Recent reforms have amply demonstrated that fresh
changes in the liturgy could lead to nothing but complete bewilderment
in the faithful who already show signs of uneasiness and lessening of
7. Because in times of confusion such as now, we are guided
by the words of our Lord: “By their fruits you shall know them.” Fruits
of the New Mass are: 30% decrease in Sunday Mass attendance in U.S. (NY Times, 5/24/75), 43% decrease in France (Cardinal Marty), 50% decrease in Holland (NY Times, 1/5/76).
8. Because “amongst the best of the clergy the practical result (of the New Mass) is an agonizing crisis of conscience…”*
9. Because in less than seven years after the introduction of
the New Mass, priests in the world decreased from 413,438 to 243,307 –
almost 50%! (Holy See Statistics)
10. Because “The pastoral reasons adduced to support such a grave break with tradition … do not seem to us sufficient.” *
11. Because the New Mass does not manifest Faith in the Real
Presence of our Lord – the Traditional Mass manifests it unmistakably.
12. Because the New Mass confuses the REAL Presence of Christ
in the Eucharist with His MYSTICAL Presence among us (proximating
13. Because the New Mass blurs what ought to be a sharp
difference between the HIERARCHIC Priesthood and the common priesthood
of the people (as does Protestantism).
14. Because the New Mass favors the heretical theory that it
is THE FAITH of the people and not THE WORDS OF THE PRIEST which makes
Christ present in the Eucharist.
15. Because the insertion of the Lutheran :”Prayer of the
Faithful” in the New Mass follows and puts forth the Protestant error
that all the people are priests.
16. Because the New Mass does away with the Confiteor of the
priest, makes it collective with the people, thus promoting Luther’s
refusal to accept the Catholic teaching that the priest is judge,
witness and intercessor with God.
17. Because the New Mass gives us to understand that the people concelebrate with the priest – which is against Catholic theology!
18. Because six Protestant ministers collaborated in making up the New Mass: George, Jasper, Shepherd, Kunneth, Smith and Thurian.
19. Because just as Luther did away with the Offertory –
since it very clearly expressed the sacrificial, propitiatory character
of the Mass – so also the inventors of the New Mass did away with it,
reducing it to a simple Preparation of the Gifts.
20. Because enough Catholic theology has been removed that
Protestants can, while keeping their antipathy for the True Roman
Catholic Church, use the text of the New Mass without difficulty.
Protestant Minister Thurian (co-consultor for the ‘New Mass’ project)
said that a fruit of the New mass “will perhaps be that the non-Catholic
communities will be ale to celebrate the Lord’s Supper using the same
prayers as the Catholic Church.” (La Croix, 4/30/69)
21. Because the narrative manner of the Consecration in the
New Mass infers that it is only a memorial and not a true sacrifice
22. Because by grave omissions, the New Mass leads us to
believe that it is only a meal (Protestant doctrine) and not a sacrifice
for the remission of sins (Catholic Doctrine).
23. Because the changes such as: table instead of altar;
facing people instead of tabernacle; Communion in the hand, etc.,
emphasize Protestant doctrines (e.g., Mass is only a meal; priest only a
president of the assembly; Eucharist is NOT the Body, Blood, Soul and
Divinity of Jesus Christ, but merely a piece of bread, etc.)
24. Because Protestants themselves have said “the new Catholic Eucharistic prayers have abandoned the false (sic) perspective of sacrifice offered to God.” (La Croix, 12/10/69)
25. Because we are faced with the dilemma: either we become
protestantized by worshipping with the New Mass, or else we preserve our
Catholic Faith by adhering faithfully to the traditional Mass, the
“Mass of All Time.”
26. Because the New Mass was made in accordance with the
Protestant definition of the Mass: “The Lord’s Supper or Mass is a
sacred synaxis or assembly of the people of God which gathers together
under the presidency of the priest to celebrate the memorial of the
Lord.” (Par. 7, Intro. to the New Missal, defining the New Mass, 4/6/69)
27. Because by means of ambiguity, the New Mass pretends to
please Catholics while pleasing Protestants; thus it is “double-tongued”
and offensive to God who abhors any kind of hypocrisy: “Cursed be … the
double-tongued for they destroy the peace of many.” (Ecclesiasticus
28. Because beautiful, familiar Catholic hymns which have
inspired people for centuries, have been thrown out and replaced with
new hymns strongly Protestant in sentiment, further deepening the
already distinct impression that one is no longer attending a Catholic
29. Because the New Mass contains ambiguities subtly favoring
heresy, which is more dangerous than if it were clearly heretical since
a half-heresy half resembles the Truth!
30. Because Christ has only one Spouse, the Catholic Church,
and her worship service cannot also serve religions that are at enmity
Father Hesse: The New Mass is Reflection of Modernist's New Faith
31. Because the New Mass follows the format of Cranmer’s
heretical Anglican Mass, and the methods used to promote it follow
precisely the methods of the English heretics.
32. Because Holy Mother Church canonized numerous English
Martyrs who were killed because they refused to participate in a Mass
such as the New Mass!
33. Because Protestants who once converted to Catholicism are
scandalized to see that the New Mass is the same as the one they
attended as Protestants. One of them, Julien Green, asks: “Why did we
34. Because statistics show a great decrease in conversions
to Catholicism following the use of the New Mass. Conversions, which
were up to 100,000 a year in the U.S., have decreased to less than
10,000! And the number of people leaving the Church far exceeds those
35. Because the Traditional Mass has forged many saints.
“Innumerable saints have been fed abundantly with the proper piety
towards God by it …” (Pope Paul VI, Const. Apost. Missale Romanum)
36. Because the nature of the New Mass is such as to
facilitate profanations of the Holy Eucharist, which occur with a
frequency unheard of with the Traditional Mass.
37. Because the New Mass, despite appearances, conveys a New
Faith, not the Catholic Faith. It conveys Modernism and follows exactly
the tactics of Modernism, using vague terminology in order to insinuate
and advance error.
38. Because by introducing optional variations, the New Mass
undermines the unity of the liturgy, with each priest liable to deviate
as he fancies under the guise of creativity. Disorder inevitably
results, accompanied by lack of respect and irreverence.
39. Because many good Catholic theologians, canonists and
priests do not accept the New Mass, and affirm that they are unable to
celebrate it in good conscience.
40. Because the New Mass has eliminated such things as:
genuflections (only three remain), purification of the priests fingers
in the chalice, preservation from all profane contact of priest’s
fingers after Consecration, sacred altar stone and relics, three altar
clothes (reduced to one), all of which “only serve to emphasize how
outrageously faith in the dogma of the Real Presence is implicitly
41. Because the traditional Mass, enriched and matured by
centuries of Sacred Tradition, was codified (not invented) by a Pope who
was a saint, Pius V; whereas the New Mass was artificially fabricated
by six Protestant ministers and Msgr. Annibale Bugnini suspect of being a
42. Because the errors of the New Mass which are accentuated
in the vernacular version are even present in the Latin text of the New
43. Because the New Mass, with its ambiguity and
permissiveness, exposes us to the wrath of God by facilitating the risk
of invalid consecrations: “Will priests of the near future who have not
received the traditional formation, and who rely on the Novus Ordo
Missae with the intention of ‘doing what the Church does,’ consecrate
validly? One may be allowed to doubt it!” *
44. Because the abolition of the Traditional Mass recalls the
prophecy of Daniel 8:12: “And he was given power against the perpetual
sacrifice because of the sins of the people” and the observation of St.
Alphonsus de Liguori that because the Mass is the best and most
beautiful thing which exists in the Church here below, the devil has
always tried by means of heretics to deprive us of it.
45. Because in places where the Traditional Mass is
preserved, the Faith and fervor of the people are greater. Whereas the
opposite is true where the New Mass reigns (Report on the Mass, Diocese
of Campos, Roma, Buenos Aires #69, 8/81)
46. Because along with the New Mass goes also a new
catechism, a new morality, new prayers, new Code of Canon law, new
calendar, — in a word, a NEW CHURCH, a complete revolution from the old.
“The liturgical reform … do not be deceived, this is where the
revolution begins.” (Msgr. Dwyer, Archbishop of Birmingham, spokesman of
47. Because the intrinsic beauty of the Traditional Mass
attracts souls by itself; whereas the New Mass, lacking any
attractiveness of its own, has to invent novelties and entertainment in
order to appeal to the people.
48. Because the New mass embodies numerous errors condemned
by Pope St. Pius V at the Council of Trent (Mass totally in vernacular,
words of Consecration spoken aloud, etc. See Condemnation of Jansenist
Synod of Pistoia), and errors condemned by Pope Pius XII (e.g., altar in
form of table. See Mediator Dei).
49. Because the New Mass attempts to transform the Catholic
Church into a new, ecumenical church embracing all ideologies and all
religions – right and wrong, truth and error – a goal long dreamt of by
the enemies of the Catholic Church.
50. Because the New Mass, in removing the salutations and
final blessing when the priest celebrates alone, shows a denial of, and
disbelief in the dogma of the Communion of Saints.
51. Because the altar and tabernacle are now separated, thus
marking a division between Christ in His
priest-and-Sacrifice-on-the-altar, from Christ in His Real Presence in
the tabernacle, “two things which of their very nature, must remain
together.” (Pius XII)
52. Because the New Mass no longer constitutes a vertical
worship between God and man, but rather a horizontal worship between man
53. Because the New Mass, although appearing to conform to
the dispositions of Vatican Council II, in reality opposes its
instructions, since the Council itself declared its desire to conserve
and promote the Traditional Rite.
54. Because the Traditional Latin Mass of Pope St. Pius V has
never been legally abrogated and therefore remains a true rite of the
Roman Catholic Church by which the faithful may fulfill their Sunday
55. Because Pope St. Pius V granted a perpetual indult, valid
“for always,” to celebrate the Traditional Mass freely, licitly,
without scruple of conscience, punishment, sentence or censure (Papal
Bull Quo Primum)
56. Because Pope Paul VI, when promulgating the New Mass,
himself declared. “The rite … by itself is NOT a dogmatic definition …”
57. Because Pope Paul VI, when asked by Cardinal Heenan of
England, if he was abrogating or prohibiting the Tridentine Mass,
answered: “It is not our intention to prohibit absolutely the Tridentine
58. Because “In the Libera nos of the New Mass, the
Blessed Virgin, the Apostles and all the Saints are no longer mentioned;
her and their intercession thus no longer asked, even in time of
59. Because in none of the three new Eucharistic Prayers (of
the New Mass) is there any reference … to the state of suffering of
those who have died, in none the possibility of a particular Memento,
thus undermining faith in the redemptive nature of the Sacrifice. *
60. Because we recognize the Holy Father’s supreme authority
in his universal government of Holy Mother Church, but we know that even
this authority cannot impose upon us a practice which is so CLEARLY
against the Faith: a Mass that is equivocal and favoring heresy and
therefore disagreeable to God.
61. Because, as stated in Vatican Council I, the “Holy Spirit
was not promised to the successors of Peter, that by His revelation
they might make new doctrine, but that by His assistance they might
inviolably keep and faithfully expound the revelation or deposit of
Faith delivered through the Apostles.” (Dnz 3070)
62. Because heresy, or whatever clearly favors heresy, cannot
be a matter for obedience. Obedience is at the service of Faith and not
Faith at the service of obedience! In this foregoing case then, “One
must obey God before men.” (Acts 5:29)