WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Saturday, December 5, 2015

“I looked For the One Who Would Comfort Me”

“I looked For the One Who Would Comfort Me”
Eric Gajewski

Psalms 68:21
In thy sight are all they that afflict me; my heart hath expected reproach and misery. And I looked for one that would grieve together with me, but there was none: and for one that would comfort me, and I found none.

In this season of advent let us be reminded that each day we must prepare a place for the Lord in our hearts. How often do we get up in the morning and move from task to task in hurried fashion never preparing first in prayer?  The man who neglects God in the little things will neglect Him in the greater, therefore, let us be mindful that we must prepare each day by first preparing the manger of our hearts.  Ask yourself this question today. Will I leave Jesus out in the cold yet another day this season or will you prepare a place for Him even as Our Lady did?

We were meant for God alone and and yet so many this holiday season will seek to replace the “Living God” with “things”.  It is true we often give “things” this season because we failed first to give our self.  A sort of “catching up” on what I ought have been doing the entire year. Yes, this is sadly how many will spend this Christmas missing the whole point of the season. How many will stroll the aisles of the latest department and toy stores searching for the “something” to bring to someone as a short lived thrill.  We do this and only mask the real problem.  We look and we search with our carnal eye but fail to go inward and search for the Remedy.  Modern man is a surface living creature who enjoys the external goods of this life rather than grace which will sustain, mold and preserve him in this life and transport him into the next.


In the times of holy suffering we search for someone to comfort us. We look wide and a far for an “ear” to listen to us hoping that this will bring us some consolation and relief.  Sadly, we look anywhere but the Source of the Giver of these Crosses.  We try to find a temporal ear to hear us yet we do not look for the Eternal Heart, in which, our hearts can only find rest.  Wisdom sayeth, “The more I sought the more I came back empty.”  Thus my heart doth cry even as the Word proclaimed, “ I looked for the one that would grieve together with me but there wast none and the one would comfort me and I found none.”  I found none because my heart wast not made for the created but for the Creator. And thus Christ suffers in me all the same.  The brutal interior journey awayst from self is long and grueling and how few reach the ultimate prize in this life. Sadly, we still stop along this path to stop and talk with those who only impede our walk.  It seemingly is good to have an earthly ear that would hear or a shoulder to lean upon but they are only truly impediments.  We ought only seek the “Suffering Shoulders” that truly do bare all of our infirmities if we seek to be healed from the sickness of self. Does not the Husband get jealous if the Wife first calls another in time of intimate affliction?   Truly, I found none and this is for good reason! It is because there is none other than Our Lord, Our Source and End. 

 
Give the best gift you can give Jesus this season (and truly everyday) which is your self.  Give Him your whole heart, mind, soul and body.  He is not "half as interested" in the gift ye bringeth to the altar as He is with the heart that is accompanying it. Where is thy heart O’ modern man?  Charity layeth not in the size of a man's bank account but in the size of the heart in which is control of that account. Husbands, Do you play “catch up” this Christmas with your wives in trying to buy her love with yet another earthly gift? Or do you give the gift of self unto your wives on a daily basis with those "little things" which bring her a smile? Wives, another set of golf clubs will not suffice this Christmas! Do you set aside that time daily for your husband wherein you can put your heart on display in intimate fashion?  Life is hurried and thus through holy suffering we are granted a great gift of God, that is, the slowing down of our lives, so we can truly see what is important.  Yea, our hearts will search and search this life for rest but shalst not find it in anyone or anything other than Christ our Beloved.  In great mystery it wast me who afflicted Him and still this Sacred Heart was willing to search me out.  And now in our misery we must cry out unto Him for no other can settle our souls.  Take time out daily to find Him in the silence and solitude for the true search is within….thence you can give the Gift of God (Charity) to someone each and every day by first handing over to God yourself....

O’ wouldst I search forever
For my hearts only true Lover
Amidst the lands of man who fail
I wouldst roam aimlessly going to and fro
Until that day I met Thy Mother
Who calmed my ailing heart still in misery
Grieving restlessly afflicted She handed me a Rosary
And the raging inward sea settled for from Her heart formed Thee
And as I looked more intently I found none other than this One
And thus no longer I wouldst search on the account of me
But rather stay focused upon Thy Sacred Heart which is the Light of all eternity