WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Has Your River Run Dry?

Has Your River Run Dry?

The River whose streams gladden the city of God

From a discourse on the psalms by Saint Hilary of Poitiers, bishop (d. c. 368)

 The river of God is brimming with water. You have provided their food, for this is your way of preparing them. There can be no doubt about the river referred to, for the prophet says: There is a river whose streams gladden the city of God; and in the gospel the Lord himself says: Streams of living water welling up to eternal life will flow from the heart of anyone who drinks the water I shall give him. He was speaking of the Holy Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive. The river of God is brimming with water; that is to say, we are inundated by the gifts of the Holy Spirit and from that fountain of life the river of God pours into us in a full flood. 

 

We also have food prepared for us. And who is this food? It is he in whom we are prepared for life with God, for by receiving his holy body we receive a place in the communion of his holy body. This is what is meant by the words of the psalm: You have provided their food, for this is your way of preparing them. For as well as refreshing us now, that food also prepares us for the life to come.

We who have been reborn through the sacrament of baptism experience intense joy when we feel within us the first stirrings of the Holy Spirit. We begin to have an insight into the mysteries of faith, we are able to prophesy and to speak with wisdom. We become steadfast in hope and receive the gift of healing. Demons are made subject to our authority. These gifts enter us like a gentle rain, and once having done so, little by little, they bring forth fruit in abundance.
Source: The Liturgy of the Hours – Office of Readings

For those times in the dark night found in spiritual aridity or when Our Lord "hides" in our soul :


“River Run Dry”

By: Eric Gajewski

From the work, "Fortress of the Soul"
O’ River sublime

Which within now I find dry

Where hast thou gone?

What didst keepeth my soul aloft with eagle’s wings in peace

Holding my heart in perfect calm

Throughst the eye of life’s every storm

Seemingly, now, hast fled off afar

Yet for Thee alone I still long

“Hiding” Thyself as Infant within

No more, do I hear thy Song, no more now, do I swim


O’ grace, I pray ye to return, for I feel out of place

Yea, I am weak, this eagle speaks, when I canst not directly seest Thy Face

But thru no fault of my own… because this is all just in Selfless Love’s Game

Of hide & go seek….

O’ River run dry once overflowing so intimately

Where hast thou gone?

Who hast absorbed me whole like the sun overcomes the dawn

Like the yellow dandelions overtake the vast green lawn

It is only in thy Waters where as a fish I can spawn

For Thou art our souls’ only Source and End

O’ Let me swim in this tributary unto eternity, O’ King, once again


For Your healing Waters I do miss, thy currents which “free”

I am thy slave who needeth to dive and hide in Thee in order to be safe

So why don’t you once again let me ride thy roaring wave

O’ Blessed Trinity who hast absorbeth me wholly

For Holy is Thy Name and in this Marriage

It can only be counted as love all the same

Left now with heart to bleed and with eyes that can only weep

Which filleth  thy chasm, that once, with thy Liquid, ran so deep


For Thou hast not left but why do I not feel right?

Therefore, just one drop I asketh, this is all my heart plead

Yea, it is here, I shall await patiently, on thy banks to pray

In hopes of that day when we shall once again meet

And when I see thy Tide come to over rush my soul once more

I shall assuredly leap in glee

But until then my good Friend, it is all in Love’s game

Therefore, I pray to Thee, my soul unto now Ye keep…

 It is the "Hard Sun" coming which will be used to purify men in this transition into the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart

 

1 comment: