WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Prayer to St. Thomas Aquinas (To Preserve Holy Purity)





Prayer to St. Thomas Aquinas (To Preserve Holy Purity)


"O holy, innocent Master, thou leader of the most pure of soul, I now begin to understand what gained for thee the title, 'Angel of the Schools.' The eye of an angel must indeed be able to contemplate that which constitutes an angel's blessedness. Well didst thou understand that saying of the Holy Spirit: 'Wisdom will not enter into a malicious soul, nor dwell in a body subject to sin.' Thou hast told me that the heart that gives itself up to sensuality, must be weak, bad, and subject to low instincts. I believe thee, and I will follow thy counsels. Never will I have aught to do with what might endanger the lovely, the precious purity of my soul. When the tempter suddenly appears, may I like thee in the hour of thy fiery and memorable victory, seize the flaming brand of holy love with which to put my enemy to flight. I solemnly promise thee, my holy Leader, to flee from every shadow of danger, to be watchful in the choice of my books, my friends, my conversations, my recreations, yes, even in my food and drink as far as in me lies.
But do thou, O heavenly Protector, obtain for me the divine assistance in those encounters from which so few come forth victorious. I will conquer, I must conquer! Protect me from whatever could wound purity in the least degree and keep me in the love of this beautiful virtue till the end, that I may belong to those who in heaven thank thee for thy guard over them and contribute to thy glory, O thou triumphant Leader and renowned Hero of virginity! Amen."