WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Rare Video: G.K. Chesterton, "I Am Not Much of a Crusader but at Least I'm not a Mohammedan"

Rare Video: G.K. Chesterton, "I Am Not Much of a Crusader but at Least I'm not a Mohammedan" 

Rare Film of G.K. Chesterton at Holy Cross College, Massachusetts: "I Can Only Say That I Am Not Much of a Crusader but at Least I'm not a Mohammedan" 

Note the general laughter that follows the remark.

Now, if Chesterton had been alive today and said that sort of thing he could have had his publishing contract dropped and the rest of his lecture tour cancelled. He might have been banned from entering (or re-entering) the UK. Or, since the speech was uploaded to YouTube, it's possible he would have been charged with a hate crime violation.

 Chesterton was being made an honorary member of the Holy Cross Crusaders, after all.

By the way, I too first thought he was holding a microphone. But in fact it's a walking stick, or rather, one of two walking sticks.

Enjoy!