WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Saturday, March 10, 2018

In this Time of Darkness in the Church, What do we do?

In this Time of Darkness in the Church, What do we do? 

One of the greatest saints, St. Catherine of Siena, gave the following advice to those who seek the reformation of the Church. She said:

"I shall recognize whether we have truly conceived love for the reform of holy Church, because if this is indeed the case, you will follow the will of God." (Letters, December 1378)


She said we do this by praying for the grace of loving God above everything including ourselves and loving our neighbor as ourselves wishing their salvation.

If you are fearful because of the crisis and darkness in the Church, remember that Jesus, the saints and angels are in this battle with you.

I know St. Catherine is praying for us to have light and peace who are seeking the reformation of the Church.

She is praying for us as she prayed for Niccolo in his darkness and fear:

"I waited for him at the place of execution, and as I waited, I kept praying in the presence of Mary and Catherine, virgin and martyr. Before he arrived, I lay down and stretched my neck on the block, and begged Mary for the grace I wanted, namely, that I might give him light and peace at the moment of death, and then see him reach his goal."

"... He prostrated with great meekness, and I stretched out his neck and bent down to him, reminding him of the blood of the Lamb. His lips kept murmuring only "Jesus" and "Catherine," and he was murmuring when I received his head into my hands... Then I saw the God-man, as one sees the radiance of the sun. He stood ready to receive [Niccolo's] blood into his own."

"... When he [Niccolo] was at rest, my soul rested in peace and quiet, so aware of the fragrance of blood that I could not remove the blood which had splashed onto me. Alas, wretch that I am, I can say no more. With great envy, I saw myself left behind." (L 273; XXXI)

Pray an Our Father now that we receive the grace to do God's will and receive His light and peace in this time of darkness in the Church.

TradCatKnight Radio, 'In the Heart of The Church In a Dark Night"